September marks the beginning of the holiday season. That is why Facebook recently published its 2021 Christmas Marketing Guide. Studies showed that 1 out of 3 online shoppers discover new products during holidays via Facebook and Instagram. To further help brands and businesses, Facebook provides new holiday tips and tools.
Build a Strong Foundation Through Catalog
A Shoppable Catalog is a selection of products on Facebook and Instagram. It contains details about a product and the information they need to buy it. To boost catalog conversions this holiday season, here are some tips from Facebook:
- Keep your catalog up-to-date – product inventory, price, and information.
- Keep your catalog fields complete to help buyers make informed decisions.
- Represent a product well through concise categories and product titles and detailed descriptions. Put at least 3 attributes like color, material, and size plus accurate shipping information.
- Use eye-catching visuals to influence a purchase.
- Use only one catalog for your ads and Shops for easier inventory management.
Drive Discovery with Shoppable Content
Product stickers and tags turn Facebook and Instagram posts into shoppable content. They allow your followers to buy from every post, story, or live broadcast. To help prospects from discovery to purchase this holiday season, Facebook highly recommends doing the following actions:
- Consistently add product tags on your feed posts to get noticed. Add up to 5 product tags per post to increase engagement.
- Offer an insider look at your products by using engaging and interactive stickers on your Stories.
- Tag products on Facebook Watch, IGTV, and Reels to engage in long-form storytelling.
Get Your Shop “Windows” Holiday-Ready
To get your Shop “windows” holiday-ready, customize your collections with a showcase of relevant holiday products. Use eye-catching design and imagery to build a unique branding this holiday season. Facebook recommends the following best practices to get your “windows” holiday-ready:
- Appeal to the niche of your community in a fun, thematic, and trending way.
- Be playful using collection tiles and colorful imagery.
- Curate gift collections across all price points. They are a popular way to convert customers keeping up with the holiday budget.
- Showcase what your followers love about your brand. Create collections that highlight their favorites and top-selling items.
Reach Customers Through Facebook’s Shop Ads Solutions
Facebook’s Shops ads solutions is a suite of personalized tools to help businesses reach more customers and boost conversion. Here are some Facebook tips on how to use them this holiday season:
- Add product tags during holiday campaigns on branded content and dynamic ads.
- Boost holiday traffic using product tags on Instagram ads.
- Reach qualified holiday shoppers using custom and lookalike audiences.
Facebook provides new holiday tips and tools on 30 August 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Facebook’s new holiday tips and tools can help marketers boost product discovery and reach new customers this holiday season. They can leverage these tips and tools to increase sales during the holiday.