The season for shopping is now as Christmas is a season of giving. With 90% of 1 billion monthly active users following business accounts, Instagram is a great platform for online shopping. It has been boosting e-commerce by rolling out Live shopping, QR codes, Shops, and stickers. Today, Instagram launches Its first-ever Shoppable Catalog.
- Joel Mcloughlin (@gallucks) – a product stylist and YouTuber fashion vlogger
- Josh Denzel (@joshdenzel) – a sports presenter in London who becomes a popular fashion icon after joining a dating game show
- Megan Ellaby (@meganellaby) – a fashion blogger
- Megan Jayne Crabbe (@bodyposipanda) – an advocate of body positivity
- Melissa Holdbrook-Akposo (@melissawardrobe) – an interior designer and fashion stylist
- Monikh Dale (@monikh) – a fashion stylist
- Oliver Cheshire(@oliver_cheshire) – an English fashion model and writer
- Sarah Ellis & Philippa Bloom (@wearetwinset) – best friends and popular fashion stylists in London
- Tanya Compas (@tanyacompas) – an LGBT activist
Each influencer’s Instagram account will showcase bags, beauty products, clothing, fashion accessories, makeups, and scents.
Instagram launches Its first-ever Shoppable Catalog on 09 December 2020.
Implications for Marketers:
Instagram’s Shoppable Catalog works on two fronts. First, it boosts the discovery of brands and businesses. Second, it puts the spotlight on these nine influencers. For marketers, Shoppable Catalog is a new option to showcase new products for the Christmas holidays and any occasion moving forward. It can highlight your Instagram account as a place to shop. By putting a “Shop Now” button as CTA, the Shoppable Catalog can increase conversion through a sense of urgency for a periodic sale.