The current year witness a lot of changes on Twitter. The platform launched paid subscriptions such as the Super Follow option and ticketed Spaces. But, its first-ever paid service is Twitter Blue. It was officially launched on June 2021.
Twitter Blue is initially available in Australia for AUD 4.49 monthly and in Canada for CAD 3.49 monthly. Such a subscription offers exclusive features and tools. These include:
- Bookmark folders to save tweets per category and topic.
- Custom app icons that subscribers can use on their mobile devices.
- Dedicated Twitter support for priority assistance.
- Extra color themes for better UX display.
- Reader mode to turn tweet threads into a much readable single stream.
- Undo tweets allowing tweet retraction 30 seconds after posting.
Today, Twitter adds new features to Twitter Blue.
- Article Reader, a new way to read ad-free articles through Scroll, a journalism platform acquired by Twitter last May.
- Custom navigation set-up on the lower bar of the app.
- Early access to new features under test mode before their official launch.
- Top articles highlighting the most shared articles within the past 24 hours.
Twitter adds new features to Twitter Blue as of 11 October 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Twitter Blue’s new features are an enticement to encourage more subscriptions. For marketers, the increasing number of Twitter Blue subscribers can mean an extra opportunity to offer premium marketing on the microblogging site.