Since May of this year, Twitter focuses on creating premium features and tools. After enabling Professional profiles, the platform started working on its paid subscriptions. There was Twitter Blue, a monthly subscription service for access to exclusive content and tools. Then, there was Tomorrow, monthly paid weather services. Today, Twitter officially launches “Super Follow.”
Super Follow is another paid service that a professional profile can offer. It was announced by Twitter during its Analyst Day. The Super Follow option will be available at $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99 monthly in exchange for the following perks:
- Exclusive Twitter content – early previews, subscriber-only conversations, and unfiltered thoughts.
- Member discounts on partner merchandise
The biggest fans of selected creators in Canada and the US can now avail of the Super Follow option via the iOS app. Twitter has noted that Super Follow was built under 4Fs of Creator Needs – fame, feeling of love, fun, and funds.
To be eligible for the Super Follow option, a professional profile must:
- Have 10K or more followers
- The professional profile must be at least 3 months old and its creator must be at least 18 years old
- Tweeted at least 25 times within the last 30 days
- Should adhere to Twitter’s Super Follows Policy and Security Standards
Twitter officially launches “Super Follow” on 01 September 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Twitter’s Super Follow is a great incentive among Twitter creators. For marketers, they can be a new way to build communities and establish more reliability within the Twitter app.