The main focus of Twitter this year is the development of premium features and tools. After the platform enabled Professional Profiles, it started working on its paid subscriptions. These include Revue, Super Follow, Tomorrow, and Twitter Blue. To ramp up these premium services, Twitter makes “Super Follow” available to all users.
Twitter officially launched Super Follow on the 2nd day of September. It is a paid subscription among Professional Profiles for $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99 monthly. Announced during Twitter’s 2021 Analyst Day, Super Follow allows subscribers to:
- Access to exclusive Twitter content such as early previews, subscriber-only conversations, and unfiltered thoughts.
- Daily Newsletter
- Exclusive member discounts among Twitter partners
Currently, Super Follow is only available to Professional Profiles in Canada and the U.S. A creator must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- The account must have more than 10k followers.
- The account’s admin must be at least 18 years old
- The account must be at least three months old
- The account must have tweeted at least 25 times within the last 30 days
- The account should adhere to Twitter’s Super Follows Policy
Today, Twitter is making the Super Follow option available to all global users via the iOS app. The platform is looking forward to expanding the premium feature soon on Twitter for Android.
Twitter makes “Super Follow” available to all users on 29 October 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Twitter Super Follow is a new way for creators to earn revenue. For marketers, it may not have much impact. But such a bet has great potentials to boost eCommerce. So, brands should always be on the watch for any updates.