The season for shopping is now as Christmas is a season of giving. With 90% of 1 billion monthly active users following business accounts, Instagram is a great platform for online shopping. It has been boosting e-commerce by rolling out Live shopping, QR codes, 商店, and stickers. Today, Instagram launches Its first-ever Shoppable Catalog.
The 1st Instagram’s Shoppable Catalog is called “The Instagram Christmas Edit.” It’s a 12-page list of product selections created by nine well-known influencers in the UK. Among them are:
- Joel Mcloughlin (@gallucks) – a product stylist and YouTuber fashion vlogger
- Josh Denzel (@joshdenzel) – a sports presenter in London who becomes a popular fashion icon after joining a dating game show
- Megan Ellaby (@meganellaby) – a fashion blogger
- Megan Jayne Crabbe (@bodyposipanda) – an advocate of body positivity
- Melissa Holdbrook-Akposo (@melissawardrobe) – an interior designer and fashion stylist
- Monikh Dale (@monikh) – a fashion stylist
- Oliver Cheshire(@oliver_cheshire) – an English fashion model and writer
- Sarah Ellis & Philippa Bloom (@wearetwinset) – best friends and popular fashion stylists in London
- Tanya Compas (@tanyacompas) – an LGBT activist
Each influencer’s Instagram account will showcase bags, beauty products, clothing, fashion accessories, makeups, and scents.
Instagram launches Its first-ever Shoppable Catalog on 09 December 2020.
Instagram’s Shoppable Catalog works on two fronts. First, it boosts the discovery of brands and businesses. Second, it puts the spotlight on these nine influencers. For marketers, Shoppable Catalog is a new option to showcase new products for the Christmas holidays and any occasion moving forward. It can highlight your Instagram account as a place to shop. By putting a “Shop Now” button as CTA, the Shoppable Catalog can increase conversion through a sense of urgency for a periodic sale.