Twitter is now set to compete with Facebook not only based on user experience but also advertising. During Twitter Analyst Day held last 25 February 2021, the platform announces its plan to create a new type of account for brands and businesses. Today, here’s a preview of Twitter’s business profile.
The new business profile on Twitter will most likely display the following information:
- A Verification badge is similar to Facebook’s blue tick.
- Business badge to show the company’s recognized business presence.
- Business category to show a company’s niche.
- Business information such as location, hours of operation, etc
Twitter is also working to add “Automated Account” badges to help users know if they are engaging in bot activities on an account.
Recently, a survey was also made by Twitter to some select users. It is asking the users to rate potential business tools according to importance. These include:
- A showcase of pinned tweets
- App Store links
- Content showcase
- Customer reviews
- Image gallery
- Link to a direct contact option
- Product showcase panel
Twitter also provides a preview of how these options will display and work in practice.
Implications for Marketers:
Twitter’s upcoming business profile is a significant feature that can help brands and businesses grow in the platform. Such tools to be included will showcase a variety of options for marketers to create ads and campaigns for the Twitter nation.