During the Snap Partner Summit 2022, Snapchat announced new AR tools. These include AR image processing, AR shopping templates, and the 3D asset manager. Recently, the platform also applied for patents for 3D avatars and Bitmoji fashion. Today, Snapchat shows the uniqueness of augmented reality (AR).
Augmented Reality is now a powerful marketing tool. That is why Snapchat partnered with Magna Media Trials in understanding the role of AR in the buying journey. The study reveals the uniqueness of augmented reality as follows:
- AR lenses with interactive entertainment boost brand perception and recognition (+9% more than pre-rolled ads).
- Consumers found Snap AR ads more informative (+5% than pre-rolled ads).
- Different types of AR ads helped consumers feel closer to a brand (1.3x more than pre-rolled ads).
- Gamified AR brings broader audiences (+12% more than pre-rolled ads).
- Mixing AR ads with video-only assets result in higher purchase intent (+6% more than pre-rolled ads).
Snapchat shows the uniqueness of augmented reality (AR) on 06 June 2022.
Implications to Marketers:
It is worth it for marketers to consider these data notes on the uniqueness of Snapchat’s augmented reality (AR). They can be great ways for a brand looking to connect with Snap chatters.