All members of the Facebook family of apps are joining the eCommerce bandwagon. Facebook started innovating with business communication tools midway this September. Currently, the platform is testing automated quotes on Messenger. It is also working on a lead generation tool for Instagram Direct. Today, Instagram introduces click-to-WhatsApp ads.
WhatsApp has recently added new business features like carts, QR codes, and Shop buttons. Click-to-WhatsApp ads allow brands and businesses on Instagram to connect their Instagram profiles to WhatsApp. All you need to do is add a WhatsApp business number to your Instagram profile. Once connected, they can now boost IG ads and campaigns through click-to-WhatsApp ads. They can also streamline messages using WhatsApp’s automated responses and organization tools.
How to Run a Click-to-WhatsApp Ad on Instagram
- Go to the profile settings of your Instagram business account.
- Under the “contact options,” add a WhatsApp business number.
- Choose an existing IG post and click the blue “Boost” button.
- Choose “Messages” and click “WhatsApp.”
- Set an audience, budget, duration for the ad, and goals.
- Preview the ad and tap “Create Your Ad.”
Your click-to-WhatsApp ad will go live 24 hours after approval.
Instagram introduces click-to-WhatsApp ads on 29 September 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Click-to-WhatsApp ads on Instagram can boost the reach of Instagram campaigns to more people. For marketers, it may be worth experimenting to excite existing customers with new ways of personalization.