Do you want to highlight the superiority of your account on Twitter? Well, Twitter Blue is the answer, and here’s a preview of how it will look! Recently, Twitter reopens verification of public profiles but puts it to a halt after a week. This is because of the influx of requests from different accounts to earn a blue tick. So, the platform decided to temporarily stop accepting requests for account verifications.
Lately, reverse engineering expert, Jane Manchun Wong, shares a preview of Twitter Blue, a paid subscription service for exclusive features and tools. Currently, a Twitter Blue subscription will cost $2.99 monthly. Such a subscription offers add-ons such as:
- Collections for Bookmarks that allow a subscriber to save tweets per category or topic folders.
- Color Theme enables a subscriber to customize the color display of their tweets.
- Custom App Icons that a subscriber can use on his/her device.
- Reader Mode enables a subscriber to convert a tweet thread into an easy-to-read text format.
- Undo tweets that let a subscriber delete a tweet within 5 to 10 seconds of posting.
Twitter Blue is just one of the paid subscriptions that the platform is working on.
Jane Manchun Wong shares a preview of Twitter Blue on 28 May 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Twitter Blue is a move to increase the platform’s revenue in exchange for exclusive features and tools. For marketers, this is something to watch out for as there may be premium features in the long run that can help make Twitter marketing better and easier.