Before, we have mentioned the competition between Facebook and other social media platforms. We came up with the idea that regardless of the competition, a brand needs more exposure. It’s to reach out to various viewers. There should be unique content made for different platforms. However, most of the time, only famous brands would have the resources to fix it. For SMEs and other tiny brands, they could adopt a corresponding measure. That’s in response to the limited resources they have or the stage of development they’re at.
The Five Stages of Producing Social Media Content
- There are five stages of producing social media content. The first one is handy to carry out the same content for all the platforms. It’s a very basic step under a tight budget. But still, it helps to bring up the exposure.
- The next stage is like the first one. The main difference is the caption/description. Usually, image or video production accounts for more resources. Thus, such resource-intensive items could be reused on different platforms. All you need to do is to change the text accordingly. Each platform has its unique readers’ preferences and reading habits. For those on Facebook, the picture could be accompanied by a more detailed caption or description. While those on Instagram should be more streamlined. Different topics (#hashtag) and emojis should also be added to fit in with the younger generations.
- The third stage will be a refinement based on the second stage. That is to better make use of platform features. Some of the great features on Instagram are Stories and Highlight. Photos or short videos made into stories can also be listed as Highlight. Viewers may then easily find out the contents they are interested in.
- If you can swiftly handle the above procedures, it’s time to move on to stage four. To offer a unique experience on different platforms, exclusive content is a must. For example, put behind-the-scenes tidbits on Instagram using the Story feature. While it’s best to make an editor selection on Facebook. These are distinctively made for the corresponding platforms. Such a method ensures readers in accessing the basic information on all platforms. At the same time, they will be attracted by the exclusive content from each of them. It attracts their attention to each specific platform and again boosts brand exposure.
- For the fifth stage, it surely upgrades to a more remarkable approach. This is the ideal stage where brands have enough resources to tailor different content for each platform. But the main focus is to sustain the brand strategy. It’s more related to the decision-making level.
If your business is at a starting point, stages one to three will be a very good reference to follow with. Gradually, you may then consider expanding your brand on more and more social media platforms.