LinkedIn’s new guide for tech marketers is entitled “The Technology Marketer’s Lead Generation Toolkit.” It includes a range of helpful data-driven insights and pointers that apply to tech campaigns. The major highlights of the new guide for tech marketers are:
- A 5-step checklist to creating a lead generation tech campaign
- Benchmarks for campaign performance per ad format and region
- Best practices, examples, and tips
After installing the LinkedIn Insight Tag, the platform suggests this 5-step checklist:
- Select a campaign objective – lead generation and website conversion.
- Build a campaign audience either using the matched audiences or through a defined audience attribute.
- Mix and match different ads formats such as images and messages.
- Set your budget and schedule by defining a daily and lifetime budget for the campaign.
- Set up conversion tracking
After creating your creative reviews, you will need to measure the campaign performance. Here are the basic benchmarks that a LinkedIn brand or business need to track:
- CTR for each ad format
- Engagement Rate
- Lead Gen Form Rate
Some of LinkedIn’s suggested best practices for tech campaigns are:
- Create a distinct branding on your creative.
- Highlight insights to boost curiosity like a compelling quote or limited-time promotions.
- Use thumb-stopping visuals instead of stock imagery.
Implications for Marketers:
LinkedIn’s new guide for tech marketers can help map out a better business approach. It is a valuable guide that helps marketers better understand how LinkedIn ads work.