Twitter Spaces is indeed going to an unlimited space! Today, Twitter launches the Spark Program for Spaces. It aims to fund and push audio creators. Twitter Spaces are live audio rooms like that of the Clubhouse app.
Twitter’s Spark Program for Spaces is a 3-month accelerator program that will provide social audio creators with financial, marketing, and technical support. It is designed to help emerging and passionate Spaces creators to:
- Build their audience
- Establish a foundation for future success
- Experiment with content
Twitter’s Spark Program for Spaces offers three main benefits:
- Access to the Twitter creator community, new product features, and virtual kick-off with product leadership
- Exclusive Rewards including a $2500 allowance per month, custom Spaces swag, and monthly ad credits to promote your Spaces
- Visibility on in-app discoverability for well-performing Spaces, promotional spotlight content, and Twitter social handles.
Interested Spaces creators and hosts must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years old and above
- Must have a complete Twitter profile w/ account name, bio, profile picture, and header image
- Must have at least 5,000 ACTIVE Twitter followers
- Must host at least two Twitter Spaces each week over the course of 3-months if accepted
- The creator or host should be located in the U.S. for Phase 1
To apply, complete this form on or before the 22nd of October.
Twitter launches the Spark Program for Spaces on 12 October 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Twitter’s Spark Program for Spaces is a move to poach top talents on the platform. Marketers should consider applying for the program as social media audio becomes a significant part of online platforms. Twitter Spaces can be a new canvas for conversations and campaigns.