Facebook now focuses on strengthening journalism on its platform. Since January this year, it plans to launch a newsletter tool after Twitter acquired Revue. Today, Facebook announces details of its upcoming writer’s platform.
Facebook’s upcoming writer’s platform is a free self-publishing tool that aims to support independent journalists among local communities. The writer’s platform houses a variety of support features and tools including:
- Accelerator programs to help creators and writers learn best practices.
- Content Insights to help writers see how their creations performed on Facebook.
- Creation of Facebook Groups to nurture a reader’s community.
- Features to boost new content and writer discovery
- Integrated Facebook Pages for cross-platform publishing.
- Layout options and styles to help writers create newsletters and websites.
- Monetization tools for writers such as subscription services, etc.
Facebook announces details of its upcoming writer’s platform on 16 March 2021.
Implications for Marketers:
Facebook’s upcoming writer’s platform is a clear move to uplift journalism in the platform. For marketers, this can be a new option to post the latest information about relevant products and services. With 2.8 billion monthly active users, such a free self-publishing tool can help boost discovery and conversion.