YouTube’s advertising revenue rises to $5.04 billion in the 3rd quarter of 2020. With 2 billion monthly active users, the platform is indeed a great marketing channel. Last 02 November 2020, it celebrated its annual YouTube FanFest. Recently, the platform also introduced audio ads and mid-roll ads (shorter YouTube 8-minute ads). Today, YouTube releases its Top Ads Leaderboard in 2020. These include their most liked, most shared, and most viewed ads.
YouTube Top Ads Leaderboard
Among YouTube’s Top Ads Leaderboard are:
- Nike’s Never Too Far Down | You Can’t Stop Us
- Google’s Superbowl 2020 Commercial Loretta
- Hyundai’s Smaht Pahk | 2020 Hyundai Sonata
- A Clash short film’s LOST & CROWNED
- TurboTax 2020 Super Bowl Commercial “All People Are Tax People Remix” (Official:45) TV Ad
- Apple’s The whole working-from-home team
- NFL Superbowl’s Live Commercial NEXT 100
- Geico Insurance’s Aunt Infestation
- First-Ever GMC Hummer EV “Horsepower”
- Superbowl’s LIV Jimmy Works It Out | Michelob ULTRA
YouTube releases its Top Ads Leaderboard for the year as of 01 December 2020.
Implications for Marketers:
YouTube’s Top Ads Leaderboard showcases ads that create a buzz in the platform. Marketers should take a look at these video ads and digest how they gathered the most likes, shares, and views on YouTube. As such, they can harness the power of video ads to YouTube’s 2 billion monthly active users.