Meta (formerly Facebook) has long been fighting misinformation. It is the main focus of the platform’s 1st accelerator program. Facebook also introduced Bulletin, a self-publishing newsletter platform. Last November 2021, the platform launched a mentorship program among global journalists to help fight misinformation. Today, Meta publishes new safety tips for journalists.
Meta’s new safety tips for journalists can help journalists stay safe online while protecting their contacts and sources to innovate. These include:
- How to protect passwords
- How to get an alert from unrecognized device access
- Hoe to remove two-factor authentication (2FA)
- How to use Facebook Checkup tools
- How to manage Facebook presence
- How to control post locations
- How to protect Facebook communication
- How to block harassment
- How to report abusive content and impersonation
- What to do if your account is hacked
The guide is available in 21 languages.
Meta publishes new safety tips for journalists on 16 January 2022.
Implications for Marketers:
Meta’s new safety tips for journalists can also be a way for marketers to protect their Facebook pages and profiles.