LinkedIn has been providing free resources to better help businesses and professionals with their online ventures. The platform published a New Guide to Content Marketing last 10 June 2020. It was followed by the Evolving World of Work Insights on 26 June 2020. Today’s free resource is The Social Media Manager’s Guide to LinkedIn.
The 5 Parts of the Guide
The guide starts with a note that social media management is a 24/7 commitment. As brand stewards, their main duties are to promote cultural relevance and genuine communication. There are 5 parts on this social media manager’s guide:
It highlights that around 3.48 billion people around the world use social media. That’s 50% of the world population.
Part 2 – What makes LinkedIn a powerful platform?
LinkedIn should be on top of the list if a brand’s main goal is to engage the right business professionals. With 660 million members, it’s used by 97% of B2B marketers for content marketing.
Part 3 – Tips on telling a brand story on LinkedIn.
- A Content Plan;
- Being helpful, heartfelt, and human for your tone and voice to win;
- Campaigning on events;
- Generating leads through content downloads and webinar promotions;
- Leveraging your greatest asset – the employees. They have 10x the reach of a LinkedIn Page;
- Showcasing thought leadership. This is important because 91% of LinkedIn decision-makers value thought leadership.
Part 4 – How to increase LinkedIn reach from 100,000 to 1 million followers?
The tips given include:
- Acting on LinkedIn Page Insights;
- Being responsive to comments;
- Delivering valuable content;
- Including CTA on posts;
- Mixing up content using the 4-1-1 rule – share 4 content written by others, 1 update from another source, and 1 original content;
- Posting consistently;
- Targeting engagement using the right content;
- Using hashtags;
- Using eye-catching media.
Part 5 – Unlocking a brand’s potential through LinkedIn Paid Ads.
This part highlights boosting top organic posts through Sponsored Content to expose them to a new audience. To take advantage of sponsored content, a LinkedIn Page should have at least 5 posts.
The Social Media Manager’s Guide to LinkedIn publishes 10 August 2020.
Implications for Marketers:
The Social Media Manager’s Guide to LinkedIn provides helpful information and tips to market on LinkedIn. Marketers should consider these good points on their LinkedIn strategy. They can help improve LinkedIn presence and reach a new height in brand awareness. Take advantage of such free resources. It’ll surely make LinkedIn an invaluable option for marketing online.