The year 2020 has been a challenging year for everybody. With the Christmas holidays getting near, it’s time for brands and businesses to bounce back. To help them, Pinterest publishes its Holiday Gift Guide 2020.
Pinterest’s Holiday Gift Guide 2020 Categories
Pinterest has been publishing similar guides every year. The Holiday Gift Guide 2020 features the most searched holiday gifts today. They are divided into 10 categories:
- Home is Where We All Are
- Treat Yourself
- When Thanks Just Isn’t Enough
- Level Up Your Space
- Spend Small, Give Big
- Seasoned and Amateur Foodies
- That Kid Magic
- Gen Zers and the Hard to Buy For
- The New Adventurer
- The Beauty Enthusiast
Each category shows updated pricing. They also include a direct link to the product’s eCommerce page where users can directly buy online.
Pinterest’s Holiday Gift Guide 2020 Search Trends
Pinterest’s Holiday Gift Guide 2020 also lists the trending gift searches on the platform:
- Natural toys search activity increases by 7X & learning toys search activity increases by 96%
- Personalized cutting board search activity increases by 88% & personalized apron search activity increases by 83%
- Self-care package gift ideas search activity increases by 70%
- Best skincare products search activity increases by 30%
- Diamond jewelry necklace search activity increases 5X
- Movie night box gifts search activity increases by 3X
- Housewarming gift baskets search activity increases by 2.5X
- Indoor gym for kids search activity increases 2.5X
- Gifts for plant lovers search activity increases by 2X
- Kitchen gift baskets search activity increases 2X
Pinterest publishes its holiday gift guide as of 10 November 2020.
Implications for Marketers:
Pinterest’s Holiday Gift Guide 2020 is a reminder that Christmas is an opportunity to bounce back and celebrate. Marketers can use this guide to know where to focus their efforts and create relevant holiday campaigns. With the recent addition of Pinterest shopping spotlights and shop tabs, the app can be a great option for digital marketing.