Twitter normally launches an advance monthly calendar for marketing. But today, Twitter launches a full 2020 marketing calendar. This can help marketers plan ahead of time to bounce back from the COVID-19 halt. Last month, Twitter launched its June 2020 calendar with a list of buzz-worthy events that marketers can target. Twitter’s 2020 Marketing Calendar now includes similar events for the whole year. These include conferences, entertainments, national holidays, sports events, etc.
July 2020 Events
Here are the highlights for July 2020:
- 01 July 2020 – Canada Day
- 03 July 2020 – Essence Festival Goes Digital
- 04 July 2020 – U.S. Independence Day
- 14 June 2020 – Bastille Day
- 17 July 2020 – World Emoji Day
- 19 July 2020 – National Ice Cream Day
- 30 July 2020 – International Friendship Day & Lollapalooza Virtual Show
Some events included in the calendar were canceled due to the social distancing measures to flatten the COVID-19 curve. These are:
- 03 July 2020 – Calgary Stampede
- 06 July 2020 – John Deere Classic
- 15 July 2020 – Just for Laughs Festival
- 17 July 2020 – Pitchfork Music Festival
- 24 July 2020 – Summer Olympic 2020 & Tomorrowland
Twitter’s July 2020 marketing calendar shows that the world is transforming into online events. Amidst the effects of the pandemic, let’s all look forward to a meaningful July.
Implications for Marketers:
It’s a good move for Twitter to launch a full 2020 marketing calendar. Marketers can now plan earlier with their strategy on Twitter. As noticed, most sports events are canceled. While some gathering transformed as virtual engagements. As such, marketers can plan unique online promotions during these events. They can create meaningful memes related to the events. Or take part in online engagement to highlight a brand. The key is to remain relevant to promoting a brand and keep it visible to your target audience.