Creators are seeing a lot of changes on YouTube today. Major changes help give them a better view of how videos are performing on the platform. Last 02 July 2020, YouTube answered some FAQs on its algorithms and video distributions. It then added Google’s RPM metrics on 10 July 2020 to help assess content performance. Today, YouTube adds stories insights into the creator dashboard.
On the latest Creator Insider video, Abhinav Singh, a program manager of YouTube, shared major updates on the platform. These include:
- A New Layout of the Video Overview Analytics. The new layout shows an integrated real-time statistics banner and data sidebar with a “see more” button for a more comprehensive data. It will now be available within 30 days after a video is published.
- A Rebranded YouTube Blog. The rebranded blog will serve as a one-stop-shop for four categories:
- News & Events – announcement for official changes, notes, and updates from the platform.
- Creator & Artist Stories – case studies and profiling of talented people behind YouTube videos.
- Culture & Trends – discussions of what popular cultures drive YouTube videos.
- Inside YouTube – the platform’s internal work culture and behind-the-scenes features.
- Stories Insights Into the Creator Dashboard. This is a major update made by YouTube today. The creator dashboard will now display stories insights on the home screen of a mobile app. Such stories’ insights include the number of views and subscribers gained from stories posted in the last 14 days.
YouTube adds stories insights on the creator dashboard starting 04 August 2020. The rollout for all creators will be complete within the next few weeks.
Stories insights on YouTube’s creator dashboard are data tools that can help marketers maximize their marketing content. Marketers can use these short YouTube video clips to share exclusive news about a brand. They can also relay new ideas or products using stories. Although stories are not a big hit in the platform, it’s slowly gaining momentum. As YouTube adds stories insights on the creator dashboard, marketers can have a grasp of how much focus they should give in creating them.