Facebook is continuously investing to promote brand safety. This is one effort to create a safe but collaborative community. Since 29 November 2019, the platform has been testing brand safety options. Last 12 May 2020, Facebook expanded ad safety control for advertisers. These included delivery reports, live stream exclusions, and whitelist. Today, Facebook adds new tools for brand safety control.
New Tools for Brand Safety Control
The update includes new tools for advertisers to control where their ads appear:
- Topic Exclusions. This tool is designed to help in-stream advertisers exclude their content from four topics – gaming, news, politics, and religion. The limitation will not apply to Live Streams.
- Publisher Allow List. This tool allows advertisers to choose their preferred list of publishers to run the ads. As such, the campaign will run exclusively within the selected publishers.
Facebook Brand Safety Milestones
Because of Facebook’s continuous efforts to promote brand safety, they have received the following milestones:
- GARM/4A’s Brand Safety Floor and Suitability Framework;
- JICWEBS Digital Trading Standards Group’s brand safety audit completion in September 2019;
- TAG Brand Safety Certified Company.
Facebook adds new tools for brand safety control as of 14 September 2020.
These new brand safety control tools that Facebook adds are great ways to ensure that content doesn’t appear in places that can be harmful to the brand. For marketers, they’re a great way to choose appropriate publishers and exclude inappropriate topics for a successful campaign. By having more control over your hands, marketers can create a meaningful brand reputation.